Cheat day! Are you kidding me?! This is an oxymoron to me like, “slightly pregnant”. If you indulge, enjoy it and move on ! I believe that if you eat well 80 percent of the time, relax the other 20 percent. There doesn’t need to be a, “special” day of the week dedicated to indulgence. It’s not a, “cheat” day—-eating well and the occasional indulgence is simply a part of a healthy, balanced life.
Here are some cook books to add to your nutrition arsenal. What are some of your favorites?
- Looney Spoons Collections (Simple, Family Friendly)
- Oh She Glows (Vegetarian / Vegan)
- Simply Great Food – Dietitians of Canada (Simple, Family Friendly)
- Jamie Oliver – (Everyday Super Foods, Save with Jamie, & Jamie’s 15 minute meals)
- Michael Smith – Real Food, Real Good
- Taste of Home – Healthy Cooking Book
- America’s Test Kitchen
- Blogs/ Websites
- Abbey’s Kitchen
- Minimalist Baker (Vegan)
- Running with Spoons
- Sprouted Kitchen
- Pulses Canada