Do you need that snack?
Some people need a morning snack and an afternoon snack. Some might need the morning or the afternoon snack. Some of us may not need a snack at all. Make sure that you’re eating because you need it and not because you’re bored or because it’s a habit. Habits can be costly: Clients often tell us that when they go to their favorite cafe, it’s easy to walk out with a fancy coffee which leads to a square, cookie, muffin or loaf. This combined indulgence can be an easy 1000 calories…
- Yogurt parfait- 1 individual cup low fat yogurt, 1 tbsp ground flax seeds, ¼ cup chopped walnuts, 1/2 cup mixed berries.
- Individual can tuna (85 g), 6 whole wheat crackers, ½ an apple.
- 1 individual cup yogurt and ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 3 slices melon and 10 almonds
- 2 small plums, 1 oz slice light marble cheese
- ½ a whole wheat bagel (a puck sized bagel is the size we want) with 1 tbsp peanut butter, ½ banana
- 1 cup cottage cheese and cut-up veggies or fruit (I like it with pineapple).
- ½ tuna or egg salad sandwich (watch the mayo or choose a lower fat version) on 1 slice whole grain bread with lettuce.